13 Aug Based on unit materials and your own research what are some challenges that LGBTQ youth face today? How do you think the human services field can better address these issues? Research one
Based on unit materials and your own research what are some challenges that LGBTQ youth face today? How do you think the human services field can better address these issues? Research one LGBTQ youth organization and briefly summarize their mission and the outreach they provide.
You must support your response with scholarly sources in APA format. Simply stating your opinion is not enough, back up your opinion with citations. Refer to the DB Grading Rubric for more details.
Readings and Resources
Articles, Websites, and Videos:
Human Rights Campaign’s glossary of LGBTQ terms.
· Glossary of Terms . (2020). Human Rights Campaign.
Safe Zone Project’s more extensive LGBTQ vocabulary glossary of terms.
· LGBTQ+ Vocabulary Glossary of Terms . (2020). Safe Zone Project.
Mallon (2013) discusses working with families where gender or sexual orientation is an issue exploring various situations and conflicts between parents and their LGBTQ children and parents coming out to their children.
· Elaine P. Congress, & Manny J. Gonzalez, D. (2013). Multicultural Perspectives In Social Work Practice with Families , 3rd Edition: Vol. Third edition. Springer Publishing Company.
CDC’s look at the health and well-being of LGBTQ youth.
· LGBT Youth . (2020). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
GLSEN, an LGBTQ youth organization has been working on issues affecting LGBTQ youth in grades k-12.
· GLSEN . (2020).
Germain (n.d.) discusses ways organizations and institutions can be more inclusive towards LGBTQ individuals in online settings.
· Germain, C. (n.d.). A Guide for Gender and Sexual Minority Inclusivity in the Online Presence of Institutions and Organizations A Guide for Gender and Sexual Minority Inclusivity in the Online Presence of Institutions and Organizations – Alternative Formats .
The United Nations examines the connections between LGBTQ youth and homelessness, highlighting the story of a transgender male and the help he received from a community center for LGBTQ homeless youth.
LGBT Homeless Youth
Duration: 4:24 User: United Nations – Added: 5/22/17
A mini oral history by the Los Angles LGBT Center on LGBTQ seniors and their experiences coming out and dealing with homophobia.
LGBT Seniors Tell Their Stories | LA LGBT Center
Duration: 10:50 User: Los Angeles LGBT Center – Added: 3/27/13
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.