The Discussion Threads present an opportunity for you to evaluate yourself and your role within your organization. At the beginning of Module 2: Week 2 Self-Concepts and Perceptions and Module 5: Week 5 Foundation of Team Dynamics, you will complete multiple self-assessment activities and select one to discuss. You will be required to write a thread of at least 250 words on the self-assessment, complete with page references and specifics to document the response, and submit it to the corresponding Discussion Thread. Correct use of English and grammar are required. You will find the Self-Assessment Activities in Connect.
Additionally, you will be required to submit a substantive written reply of at least 100 words to at least 2 classmates Discussion Threads.
These are the activities you must complete. They are found at the end of the indicated chapter.
Discussion Thread: Self-Concept:
CHAPTER SELF-ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY
2 Are You Introverted or Extraverted?
4 How Do You Cope With Stressful Situations?
5 How Strong Are Your Growth Needs?
7 What is your Preferred Decision-Making Style?
Discussion Thread: Team Dynamics:
CHAPTER SELF-ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY
8 What Team Roles Do You Prefer?
9 Are You An Active Listener?
10 Whats Your Approach to Influencing Co-Workers?
11 Whats Your Preferred Conflict Handling Style?
To complete your thread:
1. Complete four self-assessments. Select one to discuss with the class.
2. Conduct a search through the Jerry Falwell Library to find and read 1 recent scholarly business article that relates to the self-assessment content.
3. Submit a thread that contains the following information in the following format, using the headers so that you ensure that all aspects of the assignment are completed as required. Failure to follow these instructions will result in a point deductions.
a. Self-assessment: Give a brief explanation of the selected self-assessment and your results. The textbook should be used and cited for this portion of the assignment.
i. Give a brief discussion of how the article relates to the self-assessment and how you can use the self-assessment results to contribute to an organization. This gives you the opportunity to add value to the discussion by sharing your experiences, thoughts, and opinions. Draw your peers into discussion of topics by asking questions. This is the most important part of the thread.
ii. Biblical Integration: Use at least one appropriate scripture verse or narrative from the Bible to support your discussion and use it in proper context. How can you apply Scripture to the assessment results?
c. References: Each reference and article read must adhere to current APA edition format. Include the complete URL for the selected article (use a persistent link for articles from the Jerry Falwell Library). These do not count toward the 250-word requirement.
Module 2: Week 2 Self-Concepts and Perceptions and Module 5: Week 5 Foundation of Team Dynamics.
To complete your replies:
1. Read the threads of your classmates. Expect to spend some time each day reviewing all threads and replies, even those in which you are not involved.
2. Write a reply of at least 100 words to at least 2 of your classmates threads. You should expect to answer questions posed within each discussion thread. Student interaction is key to success in this course.
3. Module 3: Week3 High Performance Team Development and Module 6: Week 6 Conflict and Negotiations in the Workplace. Both replies must be submitted together to earn credit for this portion of the assignment. If replies are submitted late, then they must be submitted in the same week (all at once) to earn credit. Replies submitted in multiple weeks will not be graded.
Consult the accompanying rubric for how your instructor will grade this assignment. Also, any form of plagiarism, including cutting and pasting, will result in zero points for the entire assignment.
Articles may be found in the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Economist, or any other reputable website that deals with business. You will be performing academic research, which utilizes reliable sources of information from reputable magazines or newspapers that are available in electronic format or hard copy. Sites that are absolutely not acceptable are:
Commercial sites (usually a consultants web page, but may take other forms)
Blogs (be careful, some look very convincing)
Education sites (these usually do not contain articles, but rather lecture notes or student papers)
You should utilize the Jerry Falwell Library portal for research, but note that some articles may not offer persistent links. If you utilize articles found in LexisNexis or other sites that are behind security walls, you will need to make the articles available to classmates by co
- Why do you need to standardize the base? Do we only need to standardize the base if the base used is NaOH? What is a primary standard? Can any acid be a primary standard? Why do we perform multiple trials? What should you expect as the results of multiple trials? Is this what you observed? What do your results tell you?
- Write a 5-6 page paper that briefly describes a situation, this could be a real-life example or one taken from film or a streaming series, (Ideas include The Crown, The West Wing, Suits all offer leadership scenarios). Briefly describe the scenario, (no more than one paragraph), Apply leadership theory (such as Relational, Adaptive or Servant), include system’s thinking, and the learning organization concepts (Senge, 2006) to demonstrate what you have learned throughout this course.
- Research the target market(s), where are they and how do you reach them? What SM platforms does the Festival already use, what frequency of posting? How can they improve what they are already doing? What marketing techniques should they use, what tone in posts, slogans and so on. Give lots of examples, details, suggestions.
- Based on the importance of transparency, your organization (you can represent any organization, McDonalds, Starbucks, ESPN, etc.) has asked you to create a training presentation on ethics and compliance to be presented next week. Referencing the Hagel article, the Gonzales-Padron textbook, and at least two other journal articles, present an outline for your training as a response to this thread.
- Pay special attention to your references. You need to insert citations (author, year) at the end of the sentence or paragraph. Author is a person(s) conducing the research or credible organization such as Center for Disease Control and Prevention or World Health Organization. Website is not considered an author; make sure that you indicate the author providing the information on this website. Then, list all the references at the end using APA format.
- Industries with low diversity rate: Are certain industries guilty of racism, sexism? Or, is it difficult to find a trained diverse population of workers? Does hiring people from other countries fill the diversity needed to be a fair company?
- Explain why you think Lord of the Flies was a successful novel (even if you hated it, it won the Pulitzer, so many people liked it).
- Addiction and Obsession (Celebrity)
- Redistribution of income occurs through the federal income tax and government antipoverty programs. Explain whether or not this level of redistribution is appropriate and whether more redistribution should occur.
- Conduct a search through the Jerry Falwell Library to find and read 1 recent scholarly business article that relates to the self-assessment content.