There are two options for this project. This project is a written research assignment (text = 3 to 5 pages not including title page and reference list in APA format) that builds on your readings and online discussions about interdisciplinary study in social science and the social science disciplines of psychology, anthropology, and sociology. You will use concepts and information from psychology, anthropology, and sociology to complete your analysis. You will need to do some library research to obtain AT LEAST THREE (3) scholarly ARTICLES or book chapters that pertain to your selected topic. To access psychology articles, go to the UMUC library and start with ONE SEARCH and/or go to the databases such as PsycInfo; to access sociology abstracts, go to Sociology Abstracts or Social Science Abstracts; and to access anthropology articles, go to Social Science Abstracts. You can also access some social science articles and books by going to the Academic Search Premier. Do not use web sources such as about, simply psychology or Wikipedia for your references. There are other options, too.
OPTION 1A: Address the issue of continuity and change in human development. You may choose to focus on a particular developmental period such as childhood, adolescence, or adulthood. Select a particular aspect of development such as cognitive, psychosocial, or educational development. This paper will allow you to explore your selected period of development from the perspectives of psychology, sociology, and anthropology.
Please discuss the following issues in your paper:
1. Describe the period or aspect of development from a psychological perspective. What are the developmental tasks or challenges as described by some of the psychological theorists and researchers? Clearly outline and describe the developmental tasks.
2. From a sociological perspective, discuss social structures and processes that may impact on this particular aspect of development. Discuss, for example, social institutions or other social phenomena such as education, family, religion, ethnicity, work, and/or social class that may impact development.
3. From an anthropological perspective, discuss the impact of culture on development. This might include an anthropological discussion of kinship, cultural values and norms, ethnicity, religion, cultural change, and/or gender as it impacts development.
4. Formulate an integrated interdisciplinary understanding of this aspect of development that incorporates the sociological, psychological, and anthropological perspectives.
OPTION 1B: Select a social issue such as the following: impact of, or reasons for, incidence of Covid-19 infection, women and work, youth violence, substance abuse, divorce in the United States, homelessness, poverty, or ethnic identity. Some examples might be: the impact of cultural patterns that students bring with them into the classroom that impact their ethnic identity and how they can be successfully integrated into the culture of the school; understanding the patterns of illegal drug use in particular regions or areas and how this may impact individuals and communities; social, cultural, and psychological reasons for youth violence in particular areas of the country or world; social, psychological, and cultural impact of youth violence on communities.
Use the psychological, sociological, and anthropological perspectives to analyze either the reasons giving rise to the issues or its impact on individuals and society. Address the following:
1. From a psychological perspective, describe either its development of or impact
2. From a sociological perspective, discuss the social structures, institutions, or processes that affect its development or impact.
3. From an anthropological perspective, discuss how culture may either impact the development or impact
4. Formulate an integrated interdisciplinary understanding of the development or impact that incorporates the sociological, psychological, and anthropological perspectives.
- Describe the period or aspect of development from a psychological perspective. What are the developmental tasks or challenges as described by some of the psychological theorists and researchers? Clearly outline and describe the developmental tasks.
- Write an Academic essay, in the area of (International) Security Studies, written focussing on the question “Does NATO have a future”
- describe your aptitude and motivation for graduate study in Data Science, including your preparation for this field of study and your future career goals. Please be specific about why the Data Science program would be a good intellectual fit for you.
- What is anthroposcene? How come is it related to (de)colonization? How can we think of Hastrup’s and Heather David’s readings?
- Write a paper about the Future of International Human Rights.
- Provide a brief history of your culture
- Write a paper on How spiritual wellness impacts mental health.
- Research and develop a presentation on carbon sequestration, the removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere for long-term storage. Include the following in your presentation:
- Critically Annotated Bibliography on how oracy effects wellbeing. It needs to have six articles talking about how oracy effects wellbeing, such as self confidence or anxiety.
- distinguish between the perspectives of the six scholarly secondary sources you will use in your Final Paper to determine the organization of your work,