The purpose of this discussion is to share professional experiences that involve your experiences at an organization in which you work (or worked) in relation to a situation that involved a change; map the situation you identify to systemic communication approaches that demonstrate Systems Thinking.
Identify a situation that involved a change.
Discuss a system of communication that is, or was, used in a past or present organization in which you worked.
Discuss two systemic communication strategies that were used, and that worked during the change/transition and include: a) your rational for why you think it worked, and b) data sources along with citations to support your position.
Discuss two challenges the organization had to overcome to effect the change; and include information about reactions from those involved; and how the challenges were overcome using a systems thinking approach to managing change.
Organization and Structure
Categorize and label each section of your first responsive post with APA Headers (e.g., Situation, Communication System, Two Systemic Communication Strategies and Rational, Overcoming Two Challenges)
Follow APA guidelines for citing your work.
Use a change that has occurred in education
- Statment of Purpose
- What are your thoughts about the validity of a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis in strategic planning?
- Determine which stakeholder groups have the most influence on each of the elements identified in the formal SWOT analysis and provide an explanation of the rationale to support your identification and how they impact the organizations strategic plan.
- Discuss a system of communication that is, or was, used in a past or present organization in which you worked.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Write a first-person narrative essay about an event that impacted your life. Include the conflict and the resolution in your narrative and develop the story line appropriately to engage the reader. Remember, the most effective narratives follow a five-point development series (see below for a description of the five points).
- Identification of Research Statement
- Effect: Access to fresh produce and other healthy food is limited in lower income communities.
- Strategic communications
- How do you feel about any of these or other efforts to amend the Constitution?