You will be divided into teams and each team member will be presenting notes on a world event that occurred in the prior week. Every team member will be in charge of covering events from one major region in the world (i.e. East Asia, Europe, Mexico/Latin America, North Africa/Middle East, South Asia/Southeast Asia/Australia, and Sub-Saharan Africa). Each team member must choose a different region. The events can be a national/regional policy change or a corporate event, or other events with international business implications. Each team member is responsible for covering one particular region and relating to one previously discussed course topic. You will give a brief summary of an event that occurred somewhere in the region, mention how this event affects international business and how it relates to a previously covered international business topic.
You will select one major region in the world (i.e. East Asia, Europe, Mexico/Latin America, North Africa/Middle East, South Asia/Southeast Asia/Australia, and Sub-Saharan Africa). Each team member must choose a different region.
Find a credible source of article covering a current event in your selected region. Searching for multiple sources of the same event is strongly encouraged. Sometimes you might get insights from opposing views on the same event. (You must include a LINK to your chosen event article)
Summarize the content of the article(s) by briefing who, what, when, where, and how the event occurs.
Tell us what your major take-away from the event in terms of how the event impacts international business. Explain WHY this event is important to you, us, and/or the rest of the world.
Name a course topic that you learned in previous weeks and discuss this previously learned concept has broadened your understanding of the region and event.
Initial Post: Share your notes in a post.
Response Posts: Respond to at least one teammate stating what you learned about the region as a result of the posted notes and offering your prediction in terms of what might happen as the result of the current event.
- Describe barriers to the implementation of patient-centered evidence-based care in your practice environment and share actions that might be taken to alleviate these barriers.
- Which theory do you think will be most applicable to teaching students in your content area and why?
- Discuss the role of insurance (or lack of insurance or public support), Medicare, or Medicaid with your selected vulnerable population.
- Describe your commercial in writing or you can vide or audiotape your description.
- Explain how generalizable are GEs management development policies and practices?
- What rubric factors would you use to determine whether an organization uses a traditional or strategic approach to HRM?
- Identify a problem within the topic and draft a problem statement.
- Does the company do a good job of engaging your attention and building your interest in its products?
- Explain WHY this event is important to you, us, and/or the rest of the world.
- Discuss the importance of integrating cultural background knowledge for ELLs in the classroom.