OUTLINE TO FOLLOW FOR COMPARATIVE ESSAY
Body Paragraph 2
Topic Sentence (Mini thesis about similarities)
Quote(s) from book
Quote(s) from poem
Compare similarities and explain in detailed
Body Paragraph 3
Topic Sentence (Mini thesis about differences)
Quote(s) from book
Quote (s) from poem
Contrast differences and explain in detailed
Explain why you think Lord of the Flies was a
successful novel (even if you hated it, it won the Pulitzer, so many people
Why are these themes relevant and important to
life? What is the purpose of reading and
pondering these topics and pieces of literature?
BOOK QUOTES: https://kidadl.com/articles/best-lord-of-the-flies-quotes-with-meanings
message me privately if you need the book file
FIRST TWO PARAGRAPHS (intro and half of first body paragraph included only for reference, please START FROM WRITING SECOND BODY PARAGRAPH to the CONCLUSION!
In the novel The Lord of The Flies, written by William Golding in 1953, a group of boys find themselves on a deserted island after a huge plane crash. There is no adult to help them survive or tell them what to do, so they struggle to survive and organize themselves so as to not lose their humanity and civilization. They elect Ralph, a skinny, charismatic boy as chief after he calls them all to the side of the island using a conch shell. They discuss among themselves about what to do from there and eventually structure themselves into a flimsy society. However, it doesnt last long due to the jealousy and inferiority complex that Jack possesses. Jack, the leader of a group of choir boys who play the role of the hunters on the island, rebel and break away from Ralphs group and as the two groups compete, the island slowly descends into madness and the boys fall prey to savagery. In I Stood Upon a High Place, constructed by Stephen Crane in 1905, Crane writes about someone standing on a high place, looking down upon demons revelling in sins, when suddenly one of the demons looks up and recognizes them as a demon too. While the theme, believing oneself to be in the right and morally correct, is the same in Lord of the Flies and I Stood Upon a High Place. The themes are also very different because the book conveys conflict due to each person believing in their own morals and that they are in the right. On the other hand, the poem conveys being prideful for having high moral ground and being startled when the morally inferior look past that righteous facade to reveal one is just as morally inferior as they are.
Jack and Ralph from Lord of The Flies both believe they are in the right and stand for their own moral beliefs, and the poem describes that same haughty arrogance in believing oneself to be in the right. However the poem also describes the realization that they are no better than the other. The moral righteousness only being a front and excuse for the actions they commit. Throughout Lord of The Flies, Jack and Ralph constantly fight, Ralph wants to organize themselves in a civilized manner and build a fire to send smoke flares in hopes of rescue. Meanwhile Jack wants to revel in their time without adult supervision. Which is better – to have rules and agree, or to hunt and kill? (Golding 152)
- Why do you need to standardize the base? Do we only need to standardize the base if the base used is NaOH? What is a primary standard? Can any acid be a primary standard? Why do we perform multiple trials? What should you expect as the results of multiple trials? Is this what you observed? What do your results tell you?
- Write a 5-6 page paper that briefly describes a situation, this could be a real-life example or one taken from film or a streaming series, (Ideas include The Crown, The West Wing, Suits all offer leadership scenarios). Briefly describe the scenario, (no more than one paragraph), Apply leadership theory (such as Relational, Adaptive or Servant), include system’s thinking, and the learning organization concepts (Senge, 2006) to demonstrate what you have learned throughout this course.
- Research the target market(s), where are they and how do you reach them? What SM platforms does the Festival already use, what frequency of posting? How can they improve what they are already doing? What marketing techniques should they use, what tone in posts, slogans and so on. Give lots of examples, details, suggestions.
- Based on the importance of transparency, your organization (you can represent any organization, McDonalds, Starbucks, ESPN, etc.) has asked you to create a training presentation on ethics and compliance to be presented next week. Referencing the Hagel article, the Gonzales-Padron textbook, and at least two other journal articles, present an outline for your training as a response to this thread.
- Pay special attention to your references. You need to insert citations (author, year) at the end of the sentence or paragraph. Author is a person(s) conducing the research or credible organization such as Center for Disease Control and Prevention or World Health Organization. Website is not considered an author; make sure that you indicate the author providing the information on this website. Then, list all the references at the end using APA format.
- Industries with low diversity rate: Are certain industries guilty of racism, sexism? Or, is it difficult to find a trained diverse population of workers? Does hiring people from other countries fill the diversity needed to be a fair company?
- Explain why you think Lord of the Flies was a successful novel (even if you hated it, it won the Pulitzer, so many people liked it).
- Addiction and Obsession (Celebrity)
- Redistribution of income occurs through the federal income tax and government antipoverty programs. Explain whether or not this level of redistribution is appropriate and whether more redistribution should occur.
- Conduct a search through the Jerry Falwell Library to find and read 1 recent scholarly business article that relates to the self-assessment content.