17 Feb final week 5
Chapter 12 Case Study: The Realco Breadmaster
- Create a master production schedule for the breadmaker in the case that considers production levels, demand for the product, and the best business strategy for the situation presented. Consider the below bullet points.
- What do the projected ending inventory and available-to-promise numbers look like?
- Has Realco “overpromised”?
- In your view, should Realco update either the forecast or the production numbers?
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of Jack’s approach, considering how master scheduling can improve the process, and considering the organizational changes needed to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the process. Consider the below bullet points.
- What are the advantages? The disadvantages?
- How would formal master scheduling improve this process?
- What organizational changes would be required?
- Examine the impact of refusing a customer’s order because of lack of supply of the product versus accepting the order and failing to deliver
- What are the implications for master scheduling?
- Describe the impact on average inventory levels and production if Realco produces 20,000 breadmakers every week rather than 40,000 every other week.
Chapter 13 Case Study: Supply-Chain Challenges in Post-Earthquake Japan
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the supply chain used in the Japanese auto industry before the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
- Evaluate whether Toyota’s plan for a “foolproof” supply chain is consistent with the Lean production philosophy.
- Offer a recommendation and plan for the supply chain strategy for Toyota.
- Examine the impact Toyota’s plan will have on the way it handles relationship management in its supply chain.
The Final Paper
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.