Case/Homework questions must be answered in paragraph form, and numbered. One sentence answers to each case question are not acceptable as it does not show your reasoning and analytical critical thinking skills. Try to incorporate as much class and textbook materials as possible when answering the questions. Use the materials from classes, online and the textbook to support, explain and reinforce what you are stating. Proper spelling and grammar is important in business communications and points will be deducted for cases with umpteen spelling and grammatical errors.
Broadbanding means collapsing salary grades and ranges into just a few wide levels or bands, each of which then contains a relatively wide range of jobs and salary levels. Identify four jobs (that you believe could be broadbanded). Support your answer/explain why you think these jobs could be broadbanded. (You could use the CASES or derive an example from ANY organization you are familiar with). Include the point-factor method as part of your discussion and see Figure 11.4 for reference.
Identify a job in one of the CASES and investigate the national (from at least five states) and local salary range for this job. For the differences that exists why do you think this is so? Do any of the Individual or Group Pay-For-Performance Programs affect these differences? Explain.
Establishing pay rates involves six steps: evaluate jobs, conduct salary survey, compare current and external pay rates, develop pay grades, use wage curves and develop pay ranges. Choose a job from one of the CASES and discuss your findings from the six steps previously mentioned.
- What is something new that I learned?
- Identify a job in one of the CASES and investigate the national (from at least five states) and local salary range for this job.
- What common elements are present in many of the aggravated forms of these crimes?
- Discuss how a Kantian ethically judge Lunar Industries practice of cloning its employee, Sam Bell, in order to supply a steady stream of reliable workers for its lunar mining operation?
- Discuss what type of compensation and benefits an organization could offer to engage, attract, recruit, and retain a diverse and strong workforce.
- Discuss the impact of budgetary control on organizational performance in UAE.
- Does Aromatherapy Have Scientific Validity in Promoting Health?
- What social issue is this meme or post propagating?
- Explain how your actions would impact Marketing, Finance, Management and Operations.
- Identify and describe technological tools that support the learning of early reading and writing skills for struggling readers.