The purpose of this assignment is to develop a strong, working foundation for your final paper. You will identify a topic area and develop a problem- or issue-related topic within that area of interest. As you develop this specific topic, keep in mind that your eventual goal is to formulate and present a solution to the healthcare issue or problem you identify.
Your topic proposal should include the following items and address the following:
Describe the topic you wish to pursue.
It may be somewhat broad at this point and it may imply a problem. Use the Additional Resources in your course materials to help you search for ideas.
Identify your purpose: Why are you interested in this topic? (Narrow your topic.)
Specifically explain what it is that fascinates you or draws you to this topic.
Clearly describe the topic’s relevance in the field today.
Identify a purpose for a paper on this topic:
What might you accomplish in exploring this problem?
What is your intended goal?
To evoke change
To make new connections (new cause and effect)
To introduce a new theory, solution, or idea
Is this goal realistic?
Identify a problem within the topic and draft a problem statement. (It will likely evolve and be revised as you progress through your research.)
Identify a problem related to your topic and state it.
The problem statement should be specific and indicate the focus of your final paper.
Not too narrow, not too broad
Intellectually challenging (a simple solution is not apparent)
Who would benefit from a solution to this problem (who is the target population)?
Your paper should be 12 pages. Adhere to APA Style throughout.
- Describe barriers to the implementation of patient-centered evidence-based care in your practice environment and share actions that might be taken to alleviate these barriers.
- Which theory do you think will be most applicable to teaching students in your content area and why?
- Discuss the role of insurance (or lack of insurance or public support), Medicare, or Medicaid with your selected vulnerable population.
- Describe your commercial in writing or you can vide or audiotape your description.
- Explain how generalizable are GEs management development policies and practices?
- What rubric factors would you use to determine whether an organization uses a traditional or strategic approach to HRM?
- Identify a problem within the topic and draft a problem statement.
- Does the company do a good job of engaging your attention and building your interest in its products?
- Explain WHY this event is important to you, us, and/or the rest of the world.
- Discuss the importance of integrating cultural background knowledge for ELLs in the classroom.