Prepare a position paper on a controversial issue in the news. Explain how the controversial issue has been impacted by the advancement of technology in the media. Select one of the topics addressed in this class: Race in the media, body image, treatment of women in the workplace (including equal pay and online harassment), public trust in the media, and free speech and hate speech.
You will want your position paper to outline specifically what the nature of the problem is, and demonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personal passion and credible support that is cited correctly.
In the introduction, include a quote, question or statistic from your text and an overview of the three major points you will cover.
Introduce your position with a thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph.
Provide three major points to support your thesis statement (put each major point in a separate paragraph).
Wrap up your assignment with a strong conclusion in which you re-state the points you made and supported.
Organize arguments and support your claims effectively.
Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims and credible support for the claims.
- repare a position paper on a controversial issue in the news.
- What are sacrifice zones, according to Couldry and Mejiass argument in The Costs of Connection and how are these zones related to historical forms of colonial dispossession?
- what is enthymeme? how to use enthymeme?
- what is enjambment? how to use enjambment?
- what is elegy?
- Prepare a position paper on a controversial issue in the news.
- what is encomium? how is encomium used?
- Provide a definition of crowdsourcing. Include the opportunities and challenges of crowdsourcing.
- Describe the mens rea; actus reus the prosecution based the charges against her on.
- Write an essay that evaluates the two answers to this question that we discussed in classthe mandate/responsiveness model and the accountability model.