Provide a definition of crowdsourcing. Include the opportunities and challenges of crowdsourcing.
Visit a crowdsourcing website of your choice that provides people the opportunity to present their projects in an effort to secure funding from a mass audience.
NOTE: SOMETHING RELATED TO MENTAL HEALTH……Select one project you feel you would be willing to support.
NOTE: Answer the following questions:
Describe the project you selected. How many funders does the project already have?
What made this project appealing to you? Does having more or fewer funders influence your decision to support the cause? Why?
What appealed to you most about this project in terms of the content presented? What do you find least compelling?
What psychological theory could help to explain why people might choose to participate in these collaborative projects?
What responses did you notice from those who may already have participated? Did they seem to feel part of something?
What accountability do the project creators have to those who have donated on behalf of their cause? Are there ethical considerations for crowdsourced sites that seek funding, expert knowledge, and ideas?
Although many find crowdsourcing and collaborative online activity to be beneficial, some may choose not to participate in social media for group activities. What might be their reasons? What alternative channels or offline activities could provide the same results?
Present the results of your research in one of the following formats:
Blog entry of 350 to 475 words
- repare a position paper on a controversial issue in the news.
- What are sacrifice zones, according to Couldry and Mejiass argument in The Costs of Connection and how are these zones related to historical forms of colonial dispossession?
- what is enthymeme? how to use enthymeme?
- what is enjambment? how to use enjambment?
- what is elegy?
- Prepare a position paper on a controversial issue in the news.
- what is encomium? how is encomium used?
- Provide a definition of crowdsourcing. Include the opportunities and challenges of crowdsourcing.
- Describe the mens rea; actus reus the prosecution based the charges against her on.
- Write an essay that evaluates the two answers to this question that we discussed in classthe mandate/responsiveness model and the accountability model.