Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. There is no required word count; be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least one (1) source using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page are required. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Conduct a literature search to select a quantitative research study related to the problem identified in Module 1 and conduct an initial critical appraisal. Respond to the overview questions for the critical appraisal of quantitative studies, including:
Is this quantitative research report a case study, case control study, cohort study, randomized control trial or systematic review?
Where does the study fall in the hierarchy of evidence in terms of reliability and risk of bias?
Why was the study done? (Define the problem and purpose.)
Were the steps of the study clearly identified?
What was the sample size?
Are the measurements of major variables reliable and valid? Explain.
How were the data analyzed?
Were there any untoward events during the conduct of the study?
How do the results fit with previous research in the area? (This may be reflected in the literature review.)
What does this research mean to clinical practice?
Additionally, be sure to include the rapid appraisal questions for the specific research design of the quantitative study that you have chosen. These can be found in Chapter 5 of the textbook (Melnyk and Fineout-Overholt, 2015).
This critical appraisal should be written in complete sentences (not just a numbered list) using APA format.
Provide a reference for the article according to APA format and a copy of the article.
Length: Clearly and fully answer all questions; attach a copy of the article
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of one (1) scholarly source for the article is required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
- Reflective personal essay
- THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT
- Research Proposal for a Pedagogical Project in the Teaching Area (Australian Secondary)
- Essay About Writing Experience
- Quantitative Research on Substance Abuse Treatment within Correctional Health
- Please read each of the articles and write a Reflection Paper on each of the articles in the content format below. This is NOT a summary. Share in each paragraph your reflection/emotions. What made you sad? What made you angry? Where were you scratching your head?
- Social Media Research: Sports writing needed for assignment
- Mental Health Stigma
- How does the concept of wisdom in nursing informatics compare to the concept of professional nursing judgment? What is DIKW and how do you “use” it in your practice?
- scholarly sources and popular sources