What different models of Aboriginal self-government have emerged in Canada, according to the Papillon article?
Choose TWO questions from the following topic list and write TWO essays of approximately 750 words. Be sure that you present the concepts in your own words and that you include current information.
Your word-processed assignments should follow APA format for preparing your paper and citing sources; however, do not write an abstract. Also, please include the page number for all citations, whether it is a direct quote or not.
Choose TWO questions from the list of 5:
1. According to the reading you completed for this unit by Zygmunt Bauman, identity is something that needs to be invented rather than discovered. How does this concept relate to his discussion of the idea of nation? Why did nation-states invest such efforts to build a national identity in their citizens?
2. In what way is the formation of Canada as a state intimately related to its diversity? Can we say that it is a nation-state? Why or why not? Base your answer on history as well as on the principles that the Supreme Court of Canada found in the Canadian Constitution in the Reference Case re Secession of Quebec?
3. How is Quebecs national identity related to its aspirations for political independence from Canada? How has the national identity of Quebec been transformed through its history? Why has language been such an important aspect of the national identity of Quebec?
4. Contrast the formation of Quebecs national identity with that of First Nations peoples. What are the main differences between them? Can you identify similarities?
5. What different models of Aboriginal self-government have emerged in Canada, according to the Papillon article? Have you found other models in your research? Do they fulfill the demand of Aboriginal peoples for self-determination? Why have some critics contended that these modalities of self-government basically amount to colonial domination in a different guise?
Below are a list of resources IN ADDITION to those which have been attached that can be used as resources for the two short essays.
1969 White Paper on Indian Policy
- Discuss how the idea of naturalism or modernism is depicted in your authors work.
- Describe the key philosophies of the counseling profession: wellness, resilience, and prevention.
- Discuss about Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement.
- What different models of Aboriginal self-government have emerged in Canada, according to the Papillon article?
- Compare and contrast the fables ‘The Fox and the Raven’ and ‘The Dog in the Manger.’
- What are the potential downfalls and positive influences of the Netflix Way?
- Explain why their writings are unconventional for their time while also comparing them to todays society.
- Explain how you reached the answer or show your work if a mathematical calculation is needed, or both.
- Explain either the theme of innocence or the theme of love as it pertains to the narrators of each poem.
- Describe both a positive and a negative impact that your emerging technology solution could have on the people or current processes in the organization, providing two examples for how to address the negative impact.