During the 2020 COVID pandemic, Governor Greg Abbott was criticized by members of both parties — by the Democrats for inadequate restrictions and by the Republicans (his own party) for having too many restrictions. In response, a constitutional amendment was proposed in the 2021 Texas legislative session that would limit the powers of the governor in a pandemic or other crisis. What restrictions on the governor’s powers were proposed? What were the arguments for and against these restrictions? What happened to this proposal during the regular session? Do you believe that the governor exceeded his authority during the pandemic or do you believe the governor’s actions did not go far enough? Be sure to explain your position in detail.
- describes your interest in the program in relation to your professional background and future career aspirations. You may also explain or address any other aspects of your application
- Write a research paper on Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Write argumentative essay on subject
- What restrictions on the governor’s powers were proposed? What were the arguments for and against these restrictions?
- Describe the period or aspect of development from a psychological perspective. What are the developmental tasks or challenges as described by some of the psychological theorists and researchers? Clearly outline and describe the developmental tasks.
- Write an Academic essay, in the area of (International) Security Studies, written focussing on the question “Does NATO have a future”
- describe your aptitude and motivation for graduate study in Data Science, including your preparation for this field of study and your future career goals. Please be specific about why the Data Science program would be a good intellectual fit for you.
- What is anthroposcene? How come is it related to (de)colonization? How can we think of Hastrup’s and Heather David’s readings?
- Write a paper about the Future of International Human Rights.
- Provide a brief history of your culture