Write a 1 1/2 to 2-page literary analysis on William Faulkner’s short story “A Rose for Emily.” Please read the story that is attached here for your convenience. Pay attention to how the character of Ms. Emily is developed and what Faulkner is trying to say about her and the society that created someone like her and even panders to her as she grew older and the world changed. Consider questions like why does she get away with the things that she does? What caused her to act the way she does? If you had to pick a theme or themes for the story, what would you say is the overall message that Faulkner is trying to deliver to his audience?
The story: A Rose for Emily – William Faulkner.pdf
For this paper explore the theme that you feel is developed in the story and how Faulkner develops the theme. Does he use characterization, imagery, figurative language, plot elements, etc. to make sure you understand what it is he is trying to say? This paper should include:
an introduction that has a hook, introduces the story with its full title in quotation marks, and the author’s name. Include a thesis that states what you think the theme is and at least two literary elements that build this theme (e.g. figurative language, imagery, irony, etc.).
at least 2 body paragraphs: one for each literary element that you have in the thesis and introduction. Make sure that the body paragraphs have topic sentences that introduce the literary element that you will discuss in the paragraph, examples from the text with MLA in-text citations, and an explanation of the text evidence and how it fits into the thesis.
a conclusion that restates the thesis and sums up your main points in the body paragraphs. Leave the reader with a strong thought for the future.
a Work Cited page. You shouldn’t be using any source but the story, so that should appear here. You may have to use easybib.com to find out how to do a pdf in MLA format.
- Write a paper on social/cultural influences on food choices.
- What is the 3 most Comparison/Similarities between Canada and USA’s health care policy, environmental policy since 2014, and foreign policy?
- Explain why art programs should keep being funded and supported in schools?
- What are the roles of marketing ethics and social responsibility in health care today?
- List two benefits of the IT Strategy to use a SaaS solution to support the hiring process.
- Write a 1 1/2 to 2-page literary analysis on William Faulkner’s short story “A Rose for Emily.”
- What are the possible psychological changes with PD?
- Explain the significance of the family and the importance of ritual.
- Write an essay, imagine that you have been born and raised in a totally different area of the world from your own background.
- Discuss the relationship between emotion and behavior.