You will type this using Microsoft Word. The format for your letter is listed to the instructions on the page. If
03 Oct You will type this using Microsoft Word. The format for your letter is listed to the instructions on the page. If
You will type this using Microsoft Word. The format for your letter is listed to the instructions on the page. If you are unable to write 5 paragraphs you can do 3 paragraphs using the same format. I suggest that you write it out first and then type it and submit.
“Letter to Self” Assignment Sheet
Why are we writing these letters?
1. To provide a record of who you are now at the beginning of the school year.
2. To anchor in time your current views, attitudes, philosophy, and outlook
3. To explore your feelings and opinions about a variety of issues
4. To create a document that, at the end of this year, you will be able to look back and see how you have grown and matured throughout the year.
**Special note: Remember there is a difference between personal and private. Personal means that it is something special and means a lot to you and private means that you don’t want anyone else to know.**
· Font Size: 12
· Font: Arial or Times New Roman
· Spacing: 1.5
· Margins: 1 inch on all sides
The seven parts of the “Letter to Self” are (please label each part):
1. ME, NOW: my hopes, fears, dreams, intentions, goals, problems, concerns, likes, dislikes, joys, frustrations; what I like about myself; what I don’t like about myself; what I’m proud of; what I think about; what bothers me; who I am, etc.
2. MY WORLD: a description of my home, bedroom, school, neighborhood, town; my favorite places to go; chores, allowance, pet(s), possessions, clothes, religion, current events; FAVORITES – books, music groups, movies, TV, etc.
3. WHAT I DO: my hobbies, pastimes, sports, school activities; what I do when I’m alone; what I do with friends; favorite snacks and foods; chores; how I spend my weekends and vacations; special activities I do, organizations I belong to, etc.
4. PEOPLE IN MY LIFE: my family, siblings, aunts & uncles, grandparents, friends, best friend(s), teachers, people I’ve dated, current significant other, who I like, people I’d like to know better, people I admire and respect, important people in my life.
5. MY PAST: where I was born, where I lived, growing up, childhood accidents, childhood memories, and schools I attended, previous pets, trips I’ve taken, important events in my life so far, former friends, former teachers, teams I played on, previous romances, etc.
6. MY SCHOOL CAREER (with a focus on English!): As an English student, how have you fared up to this point? What do you consider to be your strengths and weaknesses? What are your specific goals for this year in English? How do you feel about writing? What kind(s) of writing do you like to do? What do you hope to accomplish? What is it that makes someone a good writer? How close do you come to your picture of a good writer? How do you generally go about creating a piece of writing? How do you feel about reading? What kinds of books do you like to read? What is one book that you would label “excellent”?
7. MY FUTURE: predictions, what I want to do, my long range intentions, what I’m looking forward to; what I’m dreading; my goals, my hopes and fears for the world; summer vacation, high school, college, marriage, employment, etc.
NOTE: In doing this “Letter to Self,” you should have seven total paragraphs. You may also want to write about something important to you that wasn’t mentioned above. Create your own categories. This “Letter To Self” is for you, and it should deal with the elements and aspects that are important and real in your life – the good, the bad, and the ugly! The more honest you are with yourself, the more you will appreciate and value your LTS in years to come.
No one will read your LTS, except you (and me) and those you choose to share it with. Have fun! Write extensively!! Create something memorable that captures your life today and who you are. You will get out of this assignment what you put into it. Remember to take pride in your work.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.