19 Jun Your position as a new school leader will have an effect o
Your position as a new school leader will have an effect on the school’s culture (simply because of the change in leadership). In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to consider how you will begin your future position as a school leader.
For this benchmark, review the case study and respond to the scenario by developing a professional culture improvement plan.
You were informed in February that you would be the new principal of Maynard High School beginning in July. The following is the information you gathered between February and the end of that school year:
- The public high school is starting its second year of existence.
- There are 1,100 students in Grades 9-11. Grade 12 has been in development and will begin next year, bringing the total student population to 1,450.
- Currently there are 45 full-time teachers with nine new teachers budgeted for the fall.
- The initial administration team consisted of a principal and three assistant principals. However, the principal and one assistant principal resigned at the semester break last December.
- A transition principal and assistant principal from the district office were assigned to the school until the end of the current school year.
- Seven teachers have given notice that they will not return for the next school year. They represent the core areas as well as electives.
- There are three school counselors currently assigned by grade level, and a fourth is budgeted for the fall.
- The office staff consists of a receptionist, an attendance clerk, an administrative assistant for the principal, and two administrative assistants supporting the assistant principals.
- Not all of the teachers received an evaluation this last school year, and a few evaluations were written without a formal observation.
- A few teachers told you that standard curriculum is available, but not everyone uses it.
- A published professional development plan is available, but sessions have not been consistently offered.
- Teacher development days (district supported professional development days for the school) have been presented as a short initial information download and then teachers are on their own in their classrooms.
- Professional learning communities or collaborative learning communities are nearly non-existent.
It is now July and you are the school principal.
In 1,250-1,500 words, write a plan for the district administrators who hired you detailing what you are going to do to revive the school’s culture.
Include the following in your plan:
- A brief summary of the existing school culture based on the information you gathered since February
- Mission and vision statements for the school
- At least two short-term and two long-term outcomes that will help to ensure that individual student needs inform all aspects of schooling
- A description of how you will involve and collaborate with faculty/staff, students’ families/caregivers, and other community members by collecting and analyzing information pertinent to the improvement of the school’s educational environment and student-centered culture
- A description of how you will respond to the interests of students’ families/caregivers by building and sustaining positive school relationships with them
- A description of how you will respond to community interests by building and sustaining productive school relationships with community partners
- A description of how you will advocate publicly for the needs and priorities of students, families, and the community
- Rationales for your decisions, including how your plans will establish a student-centered environment that promotes social justice within the school
Elaborate in the fictional case as you see fit. Cite 3-5 scholarly sources used as the basis for your decision-making.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.